Monday, September 12, 2011

Goals

I'd have to say my goals in terms of film-making would be to one day have some sort of job in the industry. I really like photography and the beauty that it can reveal. I really do believe that pictures say  "a thousand words" and I'd like to be able to create those kind of shots. I'm really attracted to real life events, such as documentaries. So much stuff goes on in this world and people barely catch a glimpse of it, if they even see it at all. With documentary film, one can show the world something important to them and I would like to do something like that one day.

I'm also interested in motion picture film. I'm drawn to the small, independent type scenario where someone with incredible vision and a small budget makes shots that wow an audience. I'd really like to be involved in something like that as well.

As far as this class goes, I'd really like to learn the technical side of things. I didn't take 201 as seriously as I should have and I'm nearly clueless on the technical setting on the various cameras we have access to. I'd also like to improve my framing and lighting techniques. I feel like I have good ideas but I'm not quite ready to put them into film, and if I tried I wouldn't know exactly how. I need more hands-on work with the cameras and filters so I know exactly what to use to get the type of shot that I want. I feel like I can watch a film and know why they did certain things, or why they included certain elements (like what we did with The Professional) but I have trouble being able to get those types of shots myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment