Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Scene Assignment Reflection

First of all I'm not proud of the look, style or outcome of my scene assignment. I rushed the production and wasn't able to get the proper coverage. I also had to use two different cameras with two different light kits which caused a different look and feel to the different shots in the piece, which I believe really took away from the scene in general. The first part I shot on the JVC, which was ok.... but not perfect. The second part was shot on the FS100, which to me is a better camera but I failed to secure the Arri light kit and was forced to use the Keno's, which gave it a different color temperature then the shots I filmed previously. I blame only myself.


  I learned that producing narrative scenes take time, especially in pre-production. Also, what can go wrong while shooting, will go wrong. I needed to be more familiar with lighting techniques and also the strengths and weaknesses of each camera. Instead I tried to wing it and the results definitely show this. I was embarrassed to screen it in class and the embarrassment I felt has pushed me to prepare myself more. In the future I will know my equipment, rehearse with my actors, use multiple takes when needed and not rush my framing/lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment