Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Course Reflection

    This course has been a real eye opener for me, both looking outward and inward. I've learned a great deal about cameras and also the which ones to use for different situations. I've also learned how much I need to know about the camera before taking it into the field for shooting. I've also learned the difficulty involved in lighting shots. I have a much greater deal of respect for cinematography and using lights myself definitely humbled me when using them. Video production is a big thing for me. I learned how important it is to plan every little detail before you shoot: location, script, shooting list, story board, coverage, actors, floor plans, equipment list etc etc. Very Very IMPORTANT!! The book the filmmaker's eye should be required. I ordered it at the beginning of class and I believe it helped me a great deal with composition and the different ways to experiment with it. I thought that was an extremely cool book and it definitely helped me.

    I learned a great deal about equipment and theory etc but I really learned a lot about myself. I learned to be creative and go out and try something different. I found out what I liked, as far as films and how to look at cinema in a completely new way. It finally hit me that we are artists and we have the ability to create beautiful images that can change the world with our cameras and mind. I learned I need to be passionate about this art in order to really be good at it. I've come to appreciate other people in the craft as well. I just really enjoy it a lot more after taking this class. I love film and movies and I know that's what I want to do, but this class really solidified it for me. I'm definitely glad I took this class and I'm always going to look for more inspiration in my everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment