Friday, December 2, 2011

What I've Learned

     I feel like I've learned a great deal in taking this course. I've learned how important lighting is and how to compose and capture really beautiful shots. I've come to appreciate films more, because of the beautiful cinematography. I've also learned more about the cameras available to use as well as the type of equipment I need on set of productions. I find myself observing light much more, in film and my natural world. I'll walk into a room now and look for the light source and how it lights the room, where the shadows fall etc.

    I think my strengths at this point in my learning career would definitely be framing and composition. I really look for that in shots and I think that is very important. When I rush my stuff I believe sometimes I overlook the framing but I really want to work to create these beautiful shots I see others do all the time. I've also been able to  narrowly define what I like, what I would like my style to be. I love documentaries but I really love film noir and I really want to make a short noir film. I've also learned to look to paintings for lighting and tonal inspirations. You've definitely given me the tools and areas of the craft to study to become better. I'm not sure what I want to do in the field. At this point really anything, but I want to experiment with abunch of things to find something I like and am good at. I also have a great deal of respect for my classmates. I appreciate everyone's point of view and helpful comments. I think we are such a diverse class and seeing that come to life in our work is really cool to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment