Thursday, December 8, 2011

Reel/Artist Statement

      What is art? Can it truly be defined? Things like The Grammy Awards or the Oscars try to reward art. I think that's bullshit...to get a trophy for artwork. I consider myself an artist, not a very good one at this point, but I believe in myself and in the beauty this world has to offer. I'm extremely passionate about, in general, the Earth. Earth's natural landscape and the people on it, good or bad. I'm inspired by everything I see, whether it's a reed blowing in the breeze, the sun or moon casting shadows, children playing together, or the mom making the daily commute to work with an aged face. There's a story to be told in each of those and that's what I aim to tell. Incredible stories don't have to be written in some Hollywood studio's writing room with six chairs and an espresso machine. They're all around us, naturally occurring day by day and I want to tell these stories, mainly through the avenue of documentary film making.

    My style is yet to be established. I'd be lying to you if I told you I had a definitive style. I enjoy shooting little things around us, things we normally wouldn't notice, trying to give them their moment in the spot light. So if that's my style then I guess I do have one. When I'm more certain of it I guess it'll show up in my work. There are a million stories to be told, and my goal through documentary film making is not to tell all of them, but if I can tell a few and those few can impact a viewer's life, then I will have succeeded in my goal as a filmmaker. To impact people's lives through this beautiful style of art we've chosen to participate in.


http://vimeo.com/33322644

No comments:

Post a Comment